Dashboard Reporting with Excel and Business Decisions
Build Dashboards That Persuade, Inform and Engage
This training on Dashboard Reporting with Excel and Business Decisions can in so many ways communicate a good data visualization and potential impact of information and ideas more powerfully than any other form of communication. This visual language is used everywhere in the world, from live sports to the news to ﬁtness apps. Even if you think you can’t speak this language, you hear it and understand it every day.
Wow your boss and take your career to the next level
Building good dashboards is quickly becoming a need-to-have skill for managers. If you’re not doing it, other managers are, and they’re getting noticed for it and getting credit for contributing to the company’s success. So, it’s time to learn to speak it, too.
Microsoft Excel is an excellent choice for creating and distributing dashboards due to its ease of use and universal availability. It is a tool to make powerful dashboards that can provide analysis, insight and alert managers in timely manner.
Training Objectives | Dashboard Reporting with Excel and Business Decisions
In this comprehensive Excel Dashboard Course you will learn the techniques you can apply in Excel to make killer dashboards that will set your skill level apart from the crowd and enable you to report, communicate, analyze, check and plan quantitative information.
We will teach you how to create amazing interactive Excel dashboards, that update with the click of the Refresh button, or with a simple copy and paste of your new data into your spreadsheet.
- Anyone who is interested in making effective business Communication through Data.
- Manager working in any stream who requires to present / Project / Analyse the data
- Employee whose work is to create reports and present it in Effective Format
- Corporate Executives
- Business Analysts
- Any advance or intermediate Excel user who wants to learn more skills in Excel
This hands-on training on Dashboard Reporting with Excel and Business Decisions will provide you with an extremely advanced toolkit worth of knowledge that will take the design of your reports to the next level. You will be able to present valued information in a more accurate and concise way, which can be updated and interpreted easily to make good decisions.
You will be able to display key trends, comparisons and data graphically and interactively, so that you can see what you need immediately.
This course on Dashboard Reporting with Excel and Business Decisions will help you turn plain and uninspiring information into smart, effective visualizations that powerfully convey ideas.
By applying the rules, we will share with you, you will have the skills to be able to create reports that save loads of time (allowing you to go home early J) and you’ll quickly become known as a Excel Data Visualization Stars with reports that are:
- Quick and easy to update.
- Fully interactive so the reader can change the view themselves.
- Easy to read and interpret
- Professional presentation
Participants should possess moderate level of Excel knowledge to get more out from this course.
Understanding Management Dashboards
- What is a Dashboard?
- Sample Data & Dashboard
- Principles of Great Dashboard Design
Design Principles and Strategies
- Concept of Dashboard
- Data Visualization Principles
- Strategies to Present the Information
- Good and Bad Practices in Data Visualization
Using Charts & Advanced options
- Conditional formatting
- Advance Validation (Creating drop down menus
- with dependent list)
- Creating Charts with different data/axis options
- Sparklines to show data trends
- Creating Charts & data series
- Managing Legends and X/Y axes
- Adding Autoshapes & Dynamic text boxes
- Dynamic Charts with o‑set
- Resizing charts & Forcing charts to work together
Advanced Pivot Table Techniques
- Creating Pivots &Getting Percentage
- Importing Data into PowerPivot
- Creating Calculated Columns
- Sorting a pivot table
- Viewing Top/Bottom 10%
- Creating Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly & Yearly reports
- Loading data from other sources
- Using Conditional Formatting in Pivot Tables
- Creating Pivot Charts
- Using Slicers for creating Dashboards
- Converting Cross data into at data for Pivot / SumIFS
Using Advanced Formulas & Functions in Excel
- Understanding Absolute & Relative Referencing
- Count, CountA, CountIF & CountIFS
- Logical condition , IF Condition &Nested Ifs
- Calculation in IF – Using AND & OR in Ifs
- Adding Symbol in IF
- Advance Vlookup
Creating Dynamic Dashboards for Management Reporting
- Creating a dynamic dashboard with Dropdown Options
- Creating a Dashboard with Combo box & Scroll bar
- Using Option buttons to dynamically feed data
- Adding a check box to include a trend line & other features
Formula Driven Visualizations
- Creating “”in-cell”” charts – Sparklines
- Dynamic Conditional Formatting to highlight Data Anomalies
- Using Icon Sets
- Data Bars & Color Scales
- Creating visualizations with symbols
- Creating a formula histogram
- Adding a cumulative percent
Excel as Tool to Visualize Data
- Why Excel
- Thinking outside the Cell
- Perfecting the Presentation
- Cleaning the Data
- Advanced Formulas Concept
- Advanced Charting in Excel
- Interactive Conditional Formatting
- Applying Logics in Charts
- Building In-cell Charts
- Customizing Pivot Tables
- Data Tables
Automating Dashboards and Reports
- Using Macros
- Adding Interactive Controls
- Building an interactive corporate dashboard presenting critical areas of the business
- Designing a KPIs dashboard to assess the performance
- Presenting sales performance on a Dashboard.
- And a lot more fun
|Mode of delivery||Interactive Live Sessions|
|Training Method||In House Tailored|
|Training Venue||As per desired location of client|
|Participants||Minimum 5 – 15 max (Per Session)|
Course materials and hand-outs
|Dates||To be decided|
You can either fill the form below and send us your query or send us email at email@example.com, call us at +92 321 8408828.