Training on FBR Proceedings
Tax Training on FBR Proceedings initiated by Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) is a must take training as it opens new ways to reply to FBR’s tax notices issued under various sections of Income Tax Ordinance, 2001. The importance of this training along with learning experience and understanding of general provisions of the law to handle day to day taxation matters.
With the income tax law being ever changing it is considered mandatory for the person dealing such matters to have advance knowledge and expertise in handling different departmental proceedings for effective management of tax affairs of the organization and to avoid undue burden of taxes and departmental proceedings.
Need of Training on FBR Proceedings?
This training course in Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi, Pakistan aims at to develop requisite skills among the participants, within an interactive environment for maximum learning through discussion and understanding of the significant advance aspects of the Taxation Laws, relevant to the departmental proceedings, in the light of different provisions of the Income tax and Sales tax Laws, case studies, Superior Courts’ decisions and other Internal and External aids.
At the end of the training the participants will be able to understand their constitutional / legal rights along with the powers of officers and will also be able to handle departmental proceedings in a professional manner.
Course Contents | Training on FBR Proceedings
Legal proceedings under the tax statutes
- Interpretation of Fiscal Laws
- Applicability of tax laws in FATA and PATA
- Status of dual interpretation of a legal provision
- Machinery provisions
- Retrospective legislation under tax statutes
Audit & Investigation
- Difference between audit and investigation
- Conditions for selection of cases for audit
- Vires of audit provisions
- Records to be maintained
- Which information the department may call for
- Withholding tax audit
- Principles of assessment and adjudication
- Assessment and its types
- Best judgment assessment and its parameters
- Provisional assessment and its consequences
- Amendment of assessment on the basis of:
- Definite information
- Erroneousness; and
- Prejudicial to the interest of revenue
- Power of Commissioner to revise an assessment
- Powers of Chief Commissioner to revise an assessment
- Assessment giving effect to an order
Demand & Recovery
- Types of demand
- Recovery of tax not levied or short levied
- Ways to recover tax:
- Direct from taxpayer
- From third party
- Out of property
- Through arrest
- How to avoid undue recoveries
Who Should Attend
- Tax Managers
- Compliance Managers/Supervisors
- Compliance Officers
- Tax Consultants
- Business Owners
- Tax, Accounting , Audit, Compliance and Finance Professionals
How to register: Send in your name, designation, company name, email address, phone number on email@example.com or call at +92 321 8408828.
You can send us your query or send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at +92 321 8408828.