5 Corporate Yoga Exercises to try in your office
Yoga practice helps develop the body and mind bringing a lot of health benefits yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is important to learn and practice yoga postures under the supervision of a trained teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga postures after consulting a doctor. Do you need information on courses or share feedback?
Here are a five corporate yoga exercises you could try for a start.
- Close your eyes.
- Let your chin drop down to your chest.
- Begin the circular motion of your neck slowly, by moving the right ear to the right shoulder, taking the head backwards and then bringing the left ear to the left shoulder.
- Keep your shoulders loose and relax.
- Rotate your neck 3-5 times and then switch directions.
- Keep your feet on the floor.
- Bring both hands on your knees.
- While inhaling, stretch your back backwards and look towards the ceiling.
- While exhaling, stretch your back forward and drop your head forward.
- Repeat this exercise for 3-5 breaths.
Seated Forward Bend
- Push your chair away from your desk.
- Remaining seated, keep your feet flat on the floor.
- Take your arms behind the lower back, keep your back straight and interlace your fingers behind your back.
- Bending forward from the waist, bring your interlaced hands over your back.
- Rest your chest on your thighs and relax your neck.
- Stretch your arms straight in front of your body and parallel to the floor. Palms facing the ceiling.
- Cross your right arm over the left (bend your arm slightly at the elbow if needed). Bring both palms together.
- Lift both elbows. The shoulders slide down your back.
- Repeat this exercise with the left arm over the right.
Seated Spinal Twist
- Sit sideways in your chair.
- Place your feet flat on the floor.
- Holding the back of the chair with both hands, twist your waist to the right towards the back of the chair.
- Turn to the other side. Repeat this exercise a few more times.
- Keep your elbows on your desk and place your hands on your temples.
- With small circular motions gently rub your temples first clockwise and then anti-clockwise.
- Do this for 10 – 15 long deep breaths.